Lip fillers are no strange talk, as several individuals are interested in getting one. Many professionals can help you get the best lip filler in London, and Lip Fillers London is one of such professionals. Stay with us to find out what lip fillers are and how to maximise their benefits.
What are lip/dermal fillers, and what is an injectable filler?
Several people decide to get a lip or dermal filler because they are not happy with the size of their lips. In such a situation, lip filler or dermal filler is the solution they need to fix the shape and size of their lips.
As we get older, our skin tends to lose its elasticity, thus making it more susceptible to sagging and wrinkles. Alongside these are daily muscle movements and damage due to sun exposure. Combined, all of these contribute to the breakdown of muscles and tissue in the skin. A temporary solution to this problem is lip or dermal filler. They are temporary because they only last for a couple of months before they have to be taken again.
Lip or dermal fillers are products used to rejuvenate or work on the skin, particularly the lips. They contain hyaluronic acid, and they work by getting rid of wrinkles, replacing lost volumes of tissue and enhancing the lip area. The hyaluronic acid predominantly found in these fillers is a naturally existing substance in the body.
What are dermal fillers used for?
As we get older, parts of the skin, especially the nasolabial folds of the face, the marionette lines, the corners of the mouth and the lips start to fold and show creases. Dermal fillers are used in this case to volumise the folds and to get rid of the creases in the parts of the face affected by ageing.
Are dermal fillers useful for skin tone?
The bottom line is that dermal fillers make your skin look younger and toned. It works very well in the area used by boosting the overall skin tone. The lines and wrinkles that appear due to age can be removed with dermal fillers, giving rise to a more youthful appearance.
Additionally, the naturally existing hyaluronic acid in the skin that helps regulate moisture levels is also present in dermal fillers. When the skin looks dry and older, it is due to reduced levels of hyaluronic acid in the skin. A shot of dermal filler will rejuvenate the moisture in the body and make you look younger.
Can wrinkles be removed with dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers and Botox are forms of cosmetic treatment. They have a specific purpose: to rejuvenate and add volumes to areas of the skin where it is injected, like the dermal filler, or to freeze the muscles in the area they are injected into, thus reducing or eliminating fine lines and wrinkles as in the case of Botox.
Fillers are available in different forms, and their functions include
- Filling out shallow areas of the face
- Reduce the appearance of wrinkles and shadow in the under-eye area
- Plump thin lips
- Soften the appearance of scars on the face
Frequently asked questions
Why are lip fillers used to make thin lips fuller, and are dermal fillers the only method of lip augmentation?
The fact that the lips and the eyes are regarded as the focal point of beauty is a major backbone of the lip augmentation process.
Lip filling has become common because our lips droop and lose volume when we get older. Additionally, folds begin to appear on the face as we age. With lip fillers, the lips are rejuvenated by hyaluronic acid in fillers. It increases the volume of the lips and also enhances their shape. Although the effects are only temporary, you can achieve a youthful appearance until you it is time to get another shot.
What is the most important lip filler advice that should not be ignored?
The first thing to do is to get a professional to do the work. Make sure you conduct your research properly before you make your choice. Furthermore, always start with a small quantity of the filler to see how it comes out before proceeding.
Before the procedure itself, you should discuss it with your doctor and trust them to make the right choice of filler for you, depending on your goal and what you want to achieve. Some good examples are Juvederm and Belotero. Finally, find out if there is anything you are not allowed to take before the procedure.
Why do people get lip fillers, and what are the advantages of getting a lip filler?
People get lip fillers to enhance the beauty of the face and create a beautiful smile.
Advantages of lip fillers include the following
- Making thin lips fuller, softer and more natural
- Enhances the definition of the lips
- Rejuvenates the lips and mouth area
- It is a safe and natural alternative to surgery
- It is temporary and reversible
- Creates a quick and effective result
- Gets rid of fine lines and also accentuates the lip line
- It is performed only by trained and experienced medical practitioners
- It is non-invasive, and recovery time is almost instant
- It can be tailored to suit your needs and preferences
What are the pre-treatment and post-treatment advice?
These are some tips before your lip filler procedure
- Avoid medications like aspirin, ibuprofen, ginseng vitamin e and other blood thinning medications. They should not be taken at least a week before the procedure
- Do not carry out activities like hair removal, waxing, or topical products like retinol on the area to be filled.
- Do not consume alcohol for 24 hours before treatment
- You should postpone the procedure if you have cold sores, especially if they are in the area to be injected
- People who are pregnant or are breastfeeding should not have lip fillers
- Reduce your chances of bruising by taking arnica
- There will be swelling after the injection; however, it will not be the final result. Allow the swelling to reduce before you consider getting more injections
- If there is swelling, you should avoid salty food and try to stay hydrated. Eat healthy food and stay away from strenuous exercises for the next 24-48 hours. Finally, use an ice compress, and stay away from blood-thinning medications and spicy foods
- See your doctor for a review after 2 weeks
- If you have any concerns, see your doctor as soon as possible.
Anyone can get lip fillers, provided they are not satisfied with the shape and size of their lips. Visit Lip Fillers London for more information.