Bathroom renovation is not as difficult a task as many people think of it. However, it takes time and energy. Moreover, for proper Bathroom Renovation, one must have skills and knowledge of it. You can renovate your bathroom in a variety of ways. Small fixtures, paint job, and installing accessories are small jobs that anyone can do. There is no need to specially hire the contractors for this. As they charge too high even for small services. Therefore, if you think with little instructions, you can renovate your bathroom, you must do it. Professional Tilers in Perth encourage ordinary people to learn about small renovation, so they could save money and learn skills. Therefore, in this article, you will get the proper instruction on how you can renovate the bathroom by yourself.
What Bathroom Renovations Can You Do By Yourself?Some bathroom renovation projects are easy to do. Therefore, you can save the cost by doing it yourself. Such as
- Repaint the vanity
- Replace faucet
- Replace cracked or chipped tiles and toilet
Repaint The VanityUpdate the bathroom vanity with a fresh coat of paint. Paint can change the entire appearance. If you don’t need to change it then painting would be the best and most- effective way. A trendy neutral colour in the bathroom can make it appear bigger and brighter.
How Should You Paint The Bathroom Vanity?Try neutral shades on your bathroom vanity as the foundation for the bathroom remodel, such as
- Warm white
- Natural calm grey
- A soft pop benjamin Moore
Instruction To Repaint The Vanity
- Make sure you have proper knowledge of reassembling the vanity. You can take pictures of the assembled vanity. It may help you to assemble it after painting.
- To remove mild dirt and dust, use a clean cloth to wipe the surface.
- Apply the wet cloth to make the place ready to paint
- Fill the cracks with all-purpose wood filler
- Let the filler dry.
- Appy an on the best quality primer.
- In the end, apply paint with a brush.
- Let the paint dry to get the perfect results.
Replace The FaucetsReplacing the bathroom faucet is not as difficult as many people think. You can save your cost by doing it yourself. Faucets are available in advanced designs. Now everyone wants to create a more modern bathroom according to the trends. Therefore, if you think that your bathroom faucets get too old and you want to renovate them, do it yourself. You just need proper information about it, otherwise, you may create a mess in the bathroom.
Proper Guide To Replace The Faucet
- Cutt off the supply of water temporarily.
- Take a screwdriver to remove the old faucet
- Move it clockwise to disassemble the faucet’s screws
- Then take the new faucet to adjust it
- Fix the water pipe with the faucet
- Assemble the new faucet with the screwdriver again
- Turn on the water supply
Replace Tiles And ToiletsSometimes chipped and cracked tiles make the whole appearance of the bathroom worse. Moreover, it also causes damage. Therefore, you need to replace them immediately. With little instructions and guidelines, you can do it by yourself and save on costs. However, it is essential to purchasing high-quality tiles and toilet accessories. If you compromise on it, it will cost you extra.
Steps To Install Tiles
- Remove the chipped or cracked tiles with the help of a chisel.
- Clean the whole area.
- Apply grout to the surface.
- Install new tiles in replacement of the old ones.
- Turn off the toilet water supply
- Let the toilet dry
- Use a wrench to loosen the bolts securing the bowl to the ground.
- Make sure the wax seal line is broken by wiggling the toilet back and forth.
- Remove it by lifting it off.
- Keep sewer gasses from leaking into your bathroom by scraping off any remaining wax and plugging the hole with a rag.
- Your new toilet needs a wax ring. Apply it.
- Align the bolts on the floor with the right side of the toilet, with help.
- Using your wrench, tighten the bolts, reconnect the water supply, caulk the base and your new toilet is installed.