GEICO offers affordable auto insurance coverage options. To change your auto insurance, check the terms and conditions of your current policy. Then, you can apply for a new insurance quote online. You can also contact a local agent directly to make your switch. Make sure your coverage doesn’t expire during the process.
The Government Employees Insurance Company (GEICO) is among the largest insurance companies in the United States of America. Policyholders receive various auto insurance coverage options at affordable rates. The company also has an impressive A ++ rating for its financial strength.
Do you want to switch to GEICO auto insurance? The process is simple. Be sure to consider coverage prices and other details before finalizing your decision. You can contact the insurance company through its customer service.
Plan when to switch
You can switch to a new insurance policy at any time. Start comparing auto insurance coverage prices as the renewal date of your current policy approaches. However, ask your current insurance company if they charge an early termination fee.
Furthermore, it is essential to avoid a loss of coverage. Start your GEICO policy before canceling your current policy. Any gaps in car insurance coverage can lead to penalties in the future. If your range overlaps, you can show proof of your new policy.
Request an online quote
You can request a free quote online through a simple procedure. Help analyze your needs and financial flexibility. So, choose the best auto insurance coverage.
Follow the steps below to get your auto insurance quote:
- Visit the GEICO website.
- Click on the “Menu” tab and choose the “Insurance” option.
- Choose “Vehicle Insurance” and select “Auto” from the drop-down list.
- Enter your postcode and click the “Get Quote” button.
- Now enter your name, date of birth, and address and click the “Next” button.
- In the “Vehicles” section, enter vehicle information, such as the date of purchase and the Vehicle Information Number (VIN).
- In the “Drivers” section, enter your driver information, license number, and driving history.
- Now, mention the details of your current insurance coverage.
- Review your coverage options and check your eligibility for discounts.
- Finally, click on “Send” to receive the quote.
Once you have received the quote, you can purchase your GEICO car insurance policy directly online.
Contact an agent
An alternative method is to contact local agents directly. Then, you can get a quote and discuss your coverage options.
Follow the steps below to contact an agent and pass your auto insurance to GEICO.
- Visit the official site.
- Scroll down and click the “Find an Agent Near You” link.
- Enter your postcode or address and click the “Find an Agent” button.
- Review the details of available agents, such as an address, website, and contact details.
- Choose a local agent from the list and contact them via the given phone number or email address.
- Once you have defined your coverage options, you can transfer your auto insurance to GEICO.
Also, confirm if your previous policy was canceled. You can email your former company by requesting a confirmation email.
Contact Customer Service
Are you having problems during the process? Then, you can change your car insurance by contacting GEICO customer service. They can also provide additional information and put you in touch with an agent.
A live rep is available 24/7. To reach them faster, press 0 three times.
Why Did GetHuman Write “How Can I Switch My Car Insurance To Geico?”?
After thousands of GEICO customers came to GetHuman looking for an answer to this problem (and many others), we decided it was time to publish the instructions. So we have put together How can I switch my car insurance to Geico? to try to help. It takes time to go through these steps based on other users, including the time taken to work on each step and contact GEICO if needed. Good luck, and let us know if you’ve solved your problem correctly with the directions from this page.
Why does GetHuman Write How-to Guides for GEICO Problems?
GetHuman has been working for over ten years researching information on large organizations such as GEICO to help customers resolve customer service problems faster. We started with contact information and the fastest ways to reach a human in large companies. Especially those with slow or complicated IVRs or phone menu systems. Or companies that have self-service forums instead of customer service. We realized that consumers still needed more detailed help solving everyday problems, so we extended to this set of guides, which grows every day. And if you run into any issues with our guide, How can I switch my car insurance to Geico? Please let us know by sending us feedback. We want to be as helpful as possible. If you enjoyed this guide, please share it with your favorite people. Our free information and tools are provided by you, the customer. The more people use it, the better it gets.