Considering how to fix PS4 IP booter NAT Type Failed error, then first check your internet connection as PS4 users usually face problem with poor internet connection or due to incorrect network settings in the PS4 IP booter.
According to the players, they have difficulty chatting online with other users unable to hear other gamers in chat .
And as a result the error message PS4 IP booter NAT Type Failed to appear on their screen.
Well, if your internet connection is working fine but still handles PS4 IP booter NAT type failed error, then try the other best fixes listed in this tutorial.
What is PS4 NAT?
NAT ( Network Address Translation) is basically used for translating a public IP address to private ones or vice versa.
Usually NAT works on the router. It connects the two networks and then translates your private addresses on the internal network into legitimate addresses; before sending packets to another network. There are 3 NAT types available:
- (Type 1) Open
- (Type 2) Moderate
- (Type 3) Strict
Well in PS4 games, NAT helps the user to get information about the ease or complexity of connecting different PS4 systems. Mainly when someone uses a communication feature; eg party discussion.
Well, in many cases, users encountered PS4IP booter NAT Type Failed error message on their screen due to inappropriate network settings or due to the network Firewall causing problems. And many users managed to resolve the error by changing the NAT type.
However, below are many other fixes that follow the most effective solutions that several users managed to resolve the error completely.
How Can I Fix PS4 NAT Type Failed Error?
To fix NAT type failed error in PS4 IP booter check internet connection by connection ISP, check your network settings are correct, change NAT Type to PS4 IP booter and many other working solutions by following the steps below one by one:
Fix 1 – Try changing the NAT type on PS4
If you have trouble setting up the correct connection to the PS4 console, changing the NAT type may help fix PS4 IP booter NAT type failed issue
There are three main types of NAT available on PS4:
- NAT Type 1 – Open
- NAT Type 2 – Moderate
- NAT Type 3 – Strict
NAT Type 1 (Open) :
In this NAT type , your computer is connected directly to the Internet without a router. Using this type, you will have no problem connecting to some different PS4 systems.
You need to consider this an ideal option because it is open, but I do not recommend you choose this. While it eliminates unwanted disconnection issues, it also makes your network type completely vulnerable.
NAT Type 2 (Moderate) :
In this type of NAT, the computer is connected properly using a router. In most situations, you will not get any problems.
NAT Type 3 (Strict) :
In this type of NAT, your system is connected to the router without opening ports or DMZ settings. Well, this can cause problems with voice chat and connection.
In this type you may encounter problems with online chat or network connection failure.
As a whole, therefore, changing the NAT type is effective in improving the state of the PS4 network.
Currently, it is not possible to change the NAT type mode directly from the PS4 settings, but you can change it from the router settings.
Here is the complete step on how to change NAT Type On PS4.
Fix 2 – Manually configure network settings on PS4
As we have already discussed, the PS4 IP booter NAT type failed error is due to incorrect network settings on the PS4 console. So the first thing you need to check is the PS4 IP address.
In addition to this, you can also manually configure network settings in the PS4 to fix all kinds of problems.
Steps to Check PS4 IP Address:
If you have no idea how to check the PS4 IP address , then follow the solution:
- Go to PS4 Settings and then press the Network option.
- Select View Connection Status .
- Now you can easily grab complete information about the network your PS4 is connected to, as well as its IP address.
Steps to Configure Network Settings Manually in PS4?
- Press Windows + R on your PC / Laptop that connects to the exact same network you use on your PS4 console.
- Now type cmd in the Run dialog box that opens, and then press Enter .
- In the command prompt that opens, type the following CMD command: ipconfig / all and hit enter .
- Keep all details such as DNS server, IP address , subnet mask, default gateway .
- Go to PS4 Settings and then press the Network option. From the options now listed, select Set Up Internet Connection .
- If you are connected via Wi-Fi, select Use Wi-Fi. Or select the Use the LAN Cable option to get an Ethernet connection.
- Select the Custom and then assign the network detail which you have considered.
- for Proxy Server you need to select Do Not Use .
- Please wait until it is updated. After receiving the message, Internet settings updated will hit Test Internet Connection .
Now you can easily see the internet connection status of your PS4. Also check out the NAT Type detail.
Fix 3 – Enable Universal Plug and Play on the router
Another option you need to try is enabling the UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) for the router. UPnP helps devices on the network find each other.
So the task of enabling UPnP on the router will ultimately improve the connection depending on the type of network chat or game.
Here’s how to perform this task enabling the Upnp For Your Router. These steps apply to all routers.
If you want to know the Username, Password and IP address in detail , you will see either the router label or the manual in the wireless router.
- Open the browser on your mobile phone or computer. Now enter the IP address of your router in the search bar and hit the Enter button .
- Log in with Username and Password to get a login .
- Now go to Advanced -> Forwarding here you will get a section on UPnP section .
- Enable the UPnP .
- Click Apply / Save to save the changes to the settings.
- Reboot the router and wait until it connects.
- Follow this path on your PS4: go to Settings and then Network. Now press Test Internet Connection and then check if NAT Type is displayed OFF or ON.
Fix 4 – Enable PS4 as DMZ server
DMZ stands for Demilitarized Zone server . It is a logical or physical subnet that exposes programs outside the organization to some untrusted network, such as the Internet.
This will help you fix the network configurations issue on the router and eventually improvise the network speed if the settings are done correctly.
Most users do not consider this solution to be safe. But you don’t have to worry because you don’t use the network in public.