Japan is one of the 60 countries whose citizens do not need to obtain a visa when they visit New Zealand. That is because Japan is a visa waiver country. However, there is one condition. You can go to New Zealand without a visa only if you plan to stay for 3 months or less. If you want to stay for longer than that, you need to submit a visa application. Fortunately, you qualify for an electronic visa, which means that you can apply online with iVisa.
What are the requirements for an online application process?
Lucky for you, when you want to apply online, the requirements are not as demanding as when you apply through an embassy. iVisa makes things very easy for you. However, you need to prepare some information and some documents. Here is what you need to provide:
- Passport – Japanese people who want to apply online need to have a valid passport. However, you need to make sure that the document is valid for at least another 3 months from your date of departure from New Zealand.
- Digital photo – the picture needs to be as recent as possible and meet all the other guidelines for a passport photo.
- Means of payment – iVisa requires that you make the payment during the application process. You can do that using a credit or a debit card, but you can also pay using PayPal.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print a few copies so that you have a spare or two.
- Means of sustenance – once you arrive in New Zealand, you need to prove that you can support yourself during your trip. A bank account statement should be more than enough.
- Return flight ticket – when you arrive at the airport, you may be asked to show a return flight ticket to your country of origin (or another destination if you are in transit). If you do not have one, you need to prove that you have the financial possibility to purchase one.
- Criminal record – if you have ever been convicted of a felony and/or spent time in prison, you need to disclose the information.
New Zealand visa for the citizens of Japan – how to apply
The New Zealand Visa for Japanese Citizens. iVisa created a simple application process. The application form is simple to complete, and if you have any questions regarding the process, you can call iVisa’s support service 24/7. The service is free of charge.
You have three steps you need to complete.
- The first one regards your personal information and the processing time. Keep in mind that the processing time you select affects the cost of your visa. The sooner you want it to be ready, the more you have to pay for it.
- The second step consists of payment and revision. Make sure that you insert the required information correctly. Otherwise, you may end up with an invalid visa.
- The last step requires you to upload the documents iVisa asks of you. Once you are done, just hit the submit button, and your New Zealand visa will arrive in the timeframe of your choosing.
It is easy to see that a New Zealand visa for the citizens of Japan is easy to get. iVisa does most of the work for you. The document is valid for 2 years after issued, and you can stay in New Zealand for as long as 90 days Per Entry.
How long can Japanese citizen stay on New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority (NZeTA)?
Japanese citizen’s departure date must be within 3 months of arrival. Additionally, Japanese citizen can visit only for 6 months in a 12 month period on an NZ eTA.
How long can a Japanese citizen stay in New Zealand on a New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority (NZeTA)?
Japanese passport holders are required to obtain a New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority (NZeTA) even for a short duration of 1 day up to 90 days. If the Japanese citizens intend to stay for a longer duration, then they should apply for a relevant Visa depending on their circumstances.
Travel to New Zealand from Japan
Upon receiving the New Zealand Visa for Mexican Citizens, travelers will be able to either present an electronic or paper copy to present to New Zealand border and immigration.