IT Ticketing System Features: What to Look For
When shopping for a helpdesk ticketing system, keep your customers’ demands in mind and your agents’ workflow. Because not all systems provide the entire set of functions, you may have to use various tools to accomplish the necessary outcomes. One of the best ticketing systems is the osticket ticketing system.
When selecting service tickets software, you should think about scalability.
For example, will this work when your firm expands?
Some of the most important scalability challenges include the greatest number of users, data storage capacity, and the lot of teams and clients that can be managed on the same platform. Also, take note of how the pricing varies as your team expands.
Last but not least, you must consider rules and standards. For example, a HIPAA-compliant help desk is required if you work for a healthcare firm. Likewise, you’ll need an ITIL-compliant support desk solution if your firm must comply with ITIL.
So, please note any norms and laws that your firm must follow and include them in your IT ticketing system checklist.
Let’s go over some recommended practices before diving into the top ticketing systems on the market.
Helpdesk Ticket System Best Practices
- Make a help site: Make a big volume of content available in your exterior body of knowledge to promote self-service. Make it simple to file a ticket and provide a sophisticated search feature that allows consumers to access all information pertinent to their issue.
- When submitting tickets, classify them as follows: Save the time and save human effort, establish automated guidelines that assign a given sort of problem to a particular agent or area.
- Establish and adhere to SLAs: Service Level Agreements (SLAs) allow you to set expectations with users and track agent performance. To meet your SLAs, ensure that you have enough agents to handle all support inquiries and that your IT helpdesk software can assist your staff.
- Allow your system to handle handoffs: Customers want businesses to “remember their contact, product and service information, and our history.” Guarantee that agents have all of the necessary background knowledge to handle tickets.
- Build specialised teams: Instead of having all of your IT personnel scurrying from communications infrastructure to hardware acceleration to system proposed changes, you may form specialised teams to work on groupings of related operations. This minimises tension and allows your agents to concentrate.
- Conduct frequent client satisfaction surveys: Metrics provide a wealth of information, but customer feedback allows you to see the more minor nuances in the broad picture.
Best Helpdesk Ticketing Systems
It’s time to have a look at the top helpdesk ticketing systems!
Spiceworks is a free service and ticketing system that may be completely customised. So, Spiceworks includes on-premise and cloud versions and Android and iOS mobile apps. Spiceworks is a vast and popular community for sysadmins, network engineers, and other IT professionals who wish to interact with colleagues and exchange experiences.
Spiceworks at a glance:
- Helpdesk ticketing software that is free and configurable
- Ticket submission formats can be modified to specific circumstances.
- There are no ticket or device restrictions.
HubSpot’s Help Desk capabilities enable you to log, categorise, and track customer support requests. You can do this all from a single dashboard accessible to your whole team. Reps can monitor every ticket conversation and track the case’s progress throughout the troubleshooting process. Tickets are also connected to client data, making it easy for customer support representatives to refer to previous interactions with the organisation. When a consumer fills out a form, sends an email, or contacts HubSpot via live chat, HubSpot will immediately issue a ticket.
In addition, HubSpot provides ticket statistics that customer service managers may use to track the success of their staff. This data includes critical indicators. Those indicators include agent response time, ticket volume, and others. So, they show whether a team fulfils customer demand.
HubSpot Help Desk & IT Ticketing in short:
- Log, handle, and monitor customer issues all in one place.
- Create a help desk by automating tickets.
- It is an open source ticketing system.
- You can prioritise requests so that the system treats significant issues as soon as possible.
- Create reporting dashboards for closed tickets, rep productivity, time-to-close, etc.
- Connection to HubSpot’s free CRM