There are plenty of water parks in California where you can splash around on hot summer days. From Knott’s Soak City to Wild Rivers Waterpark, here are five of the state’s best water parks and what makes them stand out from their competitors. Use this guide to help you pick which water park you’ll spend your next summer day at!
1) What are the best water parks in California?
Californians love water parks because they are a way to beat the heat and have fun with friends and family. There are many different types of water parks, some more geared towards kids, some more geared towards adults, and others that cater to both. We have compiled a list of five can’t-miss water parks in California!
1) Great Wolf Lodge Anaheim Resort & Spa – Great Wolf Lodge Anaheim is one of the most popular resorts in Southern California. The indoor waterpark has the perfect temperatures year-round which mean you never have to worry about being cold while splashing around on those hot summer days.
2) Knott’s Berry Farm Amusement Park. The classic theme park offers plenty of rides for all ages as well as their famous Boardwalk area where you can indulge in all your favorite carnival games and snacks.
2) Pros and Cons of each park
1. Knott’s Berry Farm – Cons: it’s a bit old and outdated, but the pros are that it has some of the best water rides in California.
2. Six Flags Hurricane Harbor – Pros: lots of fun and exciting rides and slides that are appropriate for both kids and adults. Cons: It can get crowded, especially on weekends
3. Magic Mountain – Pros: a great theme park with a lot of different rides and attractions including world-class roller coasters. They also have live shows like Sesame Street Live! a character breakfast, and much more to enjoy while visiting. Con: The prices might be too high for you, so do your research beforehand to know what you’re getting into!
4. Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk – Pros: they have many amazing games like the arcade or shooting gallery where you can win prizes or test your skill at hitting targets. They have really good ice cream shops as well as carnival food to eat!
3) Tips while planning your trip
There are several other theme parks in California to visit while you’re there as well. You could spend the day at Disneyland, Universal Studios Hollywood, Six Flags Magic Mountain, or Knott’s Berry Farm. Or if it’s just the water park you want to visit, try out Aquatica (San Diego), Hurricane Harbor (Santa Clarita), Typhoon Lagoon (Disney World), or any number of the other water parks in California. The thrill rides are fun too! Go on Sky Screamer (Los Angeles), Goliath (Pasadena), and Colossus/Cyclone/Diamondback (Oakland).
If you have time for one theme park in California, make it Six Flags Magic Mountain. It is not just an amusement park – but a theme park too!
Continue reading for my 5 favorite water parks in California and what they offer visitors
4) Before you go
If you’re looking for a break from the heat, head to one of these five must-visit water parks in California. The water is always cool and refreshing and there are plenty of slides, pools, and attractions to keep everyone entertained. You’ll be able to enjoy some quality time with family or friends without breaking the bank because these destinations are affordable. Plus, if you happen to get too hot or need a snack or drink during your visit, most of them have food vendors and shops nearby so you won’t have far to go! Here are 5 amusement parks in California that offer the best swimming fun at Bolsa Chica State Beach. Bolsa Chica State Beach offers an awesome opportunity to learn about aquatic wildlife as well as provides both indoor and outdoor children’s areas, activities like volleyball, and more than 1.5 miles of bike trails.
5) Once you’re there
1. Knott’s Berry Farm Adventure Park
2. Six Flags Magic Mountain
3. Disneyland Resort
4. Universal Studios Hollywood
5. Legoland California, SeaWorld San Diego, and the Santa Monica Pier are other great amusement parks in California you should also visit! There is a large selection of theme parks in California to choose from depending on what type of fun you want to have. All of these water parks and amusement parks can be found on our map so check it out to plan your next vacation! You’ll find tons of awesome amusement parks in California for every taste and budget.